Daniel and I were able to carve out a little time to sit down at a coffee shop Sunday night to discuss how 2012 went and what we hope to accomplish in 2013. I am super excited about 2013, because our debt snowball is beginning to roll and we are gaining traction. It is very possible that we could become debt free this year. That means no traveling and no updated vehicle, but I would still rather be free from our debt than have either of those things.
Here are the goals that Daniel and I created for ourselves in 2013.
- Finish the last 15% left of My One Year Bible Plan
- Study a book of the Bible with a deep Bible study plan or book
- Read 2 Christian Non-Fiction books
- Keep pursuing God and growing
- Pray for other people more often (which requires having a quiet time more often)
- Buy a new pair of shoes and start running again. I’d love to at least run for 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a week.
- Maintain my weight loss. That means cutting back when I start gaining too much.
- Keep eating clean and less sugar so I don’t get diabetes.
- Keep up with current friends and book club.
- Meet more homeschooling moms.
- Be debt free by the end of the year.
- Be able to pay for a few home and car repairs.
- Start building a 6 month emergency fund.
- Keep homeschooling the kids.
- Keep monitoring and helping Zander’s language development.
- Continue working with Sunshine Cottage on Zander’s hearing loss.
- Write something (blog post, poem, essay, etc.) 330 days this year. I would like to set a goal to write every day, but I know there will be days where I need time to breathe or be sick. A 35 day leeway should work.
- Read 3 Non-Fiction books about writing.
- Keep blogging and working on growing Life With a Mission
- Clean out and organize cabinets.
- Sort the boys clothes.
- Start going to bed earlier and waking up early to pray and write.
- Maintain daily time in prayer and reading Bible.
- Join a small group
- Pray for my kids
- Lose another 25 lbs by end of year and maintain new weight
- Meet more web folk, locally or at conferences
- Debt free by end of year
- 6 month emergency fund in place
- Raise household income to over $10K/month
- Date night (out of the house) with Amanda once per month
- Take each kid out for one on one time once per month
- Read 24 books (12 fiction, 12 non-fiction) books this year
- Write every week day
- Build 30 more paid extensions by end of year
- Create new recurring revenue stream and build it to making $2,000 per month