This is one of those blog posts where I update you on most of the things going on in our lives in bullet form. I like reading this type of post from my friends. Here is mine.
* We took family photos with our friend Breanna who owns Powerhouse Studios at Blue Star. You can see a preview of our photo shoot on her Facebook page. It was a lot work to get us to sort of match and look nice. Can’t wait to see the photos!
* Daniel is super busy creating more modules and videos for Cart Academy. He discharged all his clients and turned down a full time telecommuting position for a large online company. We are going all in with this new business model!
* Annabelle had a great time at Sky VBS at our church last week. We have the cd of all the songs and the kids love to sing praises at the top of their lungs in the car.
* Potty Training Boot Camp happened for Roman. He got a box of Angry Birds gummies for every 25 stickers he filled out on his chart. He also got an Angry Birds t-shirt! He loves doing the chart and is on his fourth one. He is 90% potty trained. We wake him up once a night to go potty and then he makes it to morning. I am still in disbelief that he might actually be potty trained!
* Zander is teething and crawling up anything he can. Overall, he is great. It’s nice having a Summer break from the weekly meetings at Sunshine Cottage.
* Our FPU class had to take a 2 week break for VBS and July 4th. We are looking forward to finishing this session in the upcoming weeks.
* We had a pleasant July 4th swimming with Daniel’s sisters family at our in-law’s pool. The kids napped and I got to read. Then we had popcorn and hot dogs for dinner at home.
* Daniel and I got to watch “Moonrise Kingdom” with our friends David and Jackie McGinnis on a Monday afternoon. It was on my list of things I was looking forward to this Summer and it didn’t disappoint. A delightfully sweet film with quintessential Wes Anderson charm.
* I’m totally behind on The One Year Bible schedule. I decided to pause and take my time getting through Jeremiah and I am surprised by how much I am enjoying this book of the Bible.
* This week I got to catch up with my college friend, Olivia, that I hadn’t seen in 10 years. We graduated at the same time and now we are both Stay at Home Moms with 3 kids. We ran into each other at the FEAST Homeschool Conference.
* My friend Dawn moved to San Antonio last week. Yay!
* I mopped and did all the laundry this week.
Phew! That is a lot. I’m excited about the rest of the Summer.